BIM DE Coordinator - Full Time
Digital Engineer Coordinator
Established in 2012 and entrusted by major blue-chip brands globally, asBuilt are digital engineering experts and software developers. As one of the largest and most experienced, independent specialist Building Information Modelling (BIM) consultancies in Australasia - we digitise construction sites, heritage sites, hospitals, stadiums, infrastructure and manufacturing plants. In this smart form, built assets come alive. Concrete and steel become clickable, analysable and can tell a story. This is the future of construction and asset facilities life-time management.
The role of Digital Engineering Coordinator is to be the main support act in the delivery of Digital Professional Services at asBuilt, with a solid proficiency in most aspects of the published asBuilt digital ecosystem.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key elements and required results of the role.Primary Functions:
- Apply sound technical delivery of BIM / digital engineering on projects to meet the client’s set expectations.
- Provide digital project management to projects, to create and implement appropriate and relevant documentation and then manage client relationships.
- Provide a supporting role to deliver to internal colleagues and external consultants / subcontractors.
- Identify' 'best practice' workflows and systems and develop these in a team focused environment for effective deployment.
- Explore opportunities with data set management, facilities management, and early project involvement.
- Carry out model audits to determine quality and standards of BIM delivery.
- Carry out model federation where required. Support with clash detection exercises where required.
- Deliver high quality outputs within agreed scope, time frame and budget.
- Adhere to current asBuilt standards and offer or implement innovative solutions for the continuous creation of smarter ways to conduct asBuilt’s work.
- Develop a detailed technical understanding of asBuilt’s workflows and development and improvement of existing systems.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
Number of years experience, Qualifications and People Management experience.
- At least three years commercial working experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent preferable i.e. have a degree in Architecture, Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Ability to work independently, manage deliverables and accurately estimate project lead times.
- Strong design sensibilities and solid computer 3D manipulation abilities are key.
- Ability to work and coordinate with key stakeholders.
- Ability to write and edit documentation, both internal and external, pertaining to the product use by customers.
- Track record of delivering projects on time, to a high standard and within budget.
- Experience in the construction industry would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to write and edit documentation, both internal and external.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Autodesk Revit , Navisworks and AutoCADs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating suite, Teams, and PowerBI an advantage.
Highlighting the key technical, language and job related skills required.
Gain experience in a variety of technical duties and develop technical capabilities by:
- Being trained in the use of BIM/DE authoring platforms.
- Being trained in the use of model federation platforms.
- Assisting senior professionals/technical officers in carrying out technical tasks.
- Attending various platform training (in the digital ecosystem) and attend industry functions as a representative of asBuilt, sharing findings with other asBuilt team members.