BIM Manager - Full Time
Established in 2012 and entrusted by major blue-chip brands globally, asBuilt are digital engineering experts and software developers. As one of the largest and most experienced, independent specialist Building Information Modelling (BIM) consultancies in Australasia - we digitise construction sites, heritage sites, hospitals, stadiums, infrastructure and manufacturing plants. In this smart form, built assets come alive. Concrete and steel become clickable, analysable and can tell a story. This is the future of construction and asset facilities life-time management.
Summary of the role – overall role contribution to team, department and organisation.
The role of asBuilt BIM / Digital Engineering Manager is to be the prima facie technical lead in the delivery of Digital Professional Services across a diverse range of architectural, engineering and construction projects. It includes documentation, understanding software workflows and modelling in the design and detailing of a built assets construction phase.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key elements and required results of the role.Primary Functions:
Lead by example.
Be responsible for, and to ensure sound technically delivery of, BIM / digital engineering on projects to meet the client’s set expectations.
Provide digital project management to projects, to create and implement appropriate and relevant documentation and then manage client relationships and expectations accordingly.
Deliver high quality outputs within agreed scope, time frame and budget.
Adhere to current asBuilt standards and provide innovative solutions for the continuous creation of smarter ways to conduct asBuilt’s work.
Provide training and support for users with technical issues with reference to specific software application(s) on a project.
Be an advocate for BIM / Digital Engineering delivered by asBuilt with clients through presentations and workshops in either vertical or horizontal infrastructure projects.
Provide training and mentoring to other staff in the efficient application of BIM / Digital Engineering in accordance with the standards as set in the asBuilt digital ecosystem.
Well-developed communication skills - both verbal and written.
Team player, cooperative with other staff with open sharing of information and knowledge.
Builds rapport with others. Shows ability to influence with or without formal authority.
Ability to handle stress.
Sound judgement and decisiveness.
Ability to manage own time and meet agreed deadlines.
Willing to seek guidance and assistance when encountering technical or project difficulties.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
Number of years experience, Qualifications and People Management experience.
- At least three years commercial working experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent preferable i.e. have a degree in Architecture, Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Ability to work independently, manage deliverables and accurately estimate project lead times.
- Strong design sensibilities and solid computer 3D manipulation abilities are key.
- Ability to work and coordinate with key stakeholders.
- Ability to write and edit documentation, both internal and external, pertaining to the product use by customers.
- Track record of delivering projects on time, to a high standard and within budget.
- Experience in the construction industry would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to write and edit documentation, both internal and external.
- Proficient in Autodesk Autodesk Revit , Navisworks and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating suite, Teams, and PowerBI an advantage.
Highlighting the key technical, language and job related skills required.
Technical ExperienceGain experience in a variety of technical duties and develop technical capabilities by:
- Assisting more senior professionals/technical officers in carrying out technical tasks.
- Attending and providing various platform training (in the digital ecosystem) and attend industry functions as a representative of asBuilt, sharing findings with other asBuilt team members.